- Sundays Coed Competitive
- Sundays Coed Recreational
- Sundays Womens
Location: Lansing City Arena 904 Elmwood Rd 48917
When: Current Leagues end March 19th. Another abbreviated league (5 weeks plus playoff will be available March 26 to May 7th. one match a week, matches are around an hour each. A seeded single elimination playoff occurs a week or two (date depends on the league) after regular match play is done, all teams make the playoff. New league registrations will be available some time in late February.
Cost: $280 a team up front. (Abbreviated league cost $180 per team)
8-14 teams per league division
Rules: USAV rules with exception of additional house rules listed below.
Schedules will be sent out to team captains a week before the start date.
LCA Adult League House Rules
In addition to USAV Coed rules:
1) Rosters must be signed and completed by all participants to a minimum of 6 on the first week of play and can be amended up to the 6th week. Any player who joins play that is not already a part of the league must sign the roster and be added. A player may only be added to a roster for ONE team per league. Only players on roster are allowed to play on the team with the exceptions of substitutions (see section below).
2) Substitutions- Any player may participate in any league as long as they are on a roster IN that league. If they are not, they must be added. If they are in the league and only substituting temporarily, they do not need to be added to the roster. Teams must consist of at least 3 players from their roster, or a forfeit will be given. In playoffs ALL players must be on the team roster unless otherwise approved by league director.
3) Playing with less Players- Teams are allowed to play with 5 players BUT they will be required to us a “ghost”. Ghost rotational position must be announced prior to the game. When “ghost” rotates into position 1 (serving), side out will go to the opposing team. Any less than 5 players to start a match will result in forfeits. (see ‘Time’ section below)
4) Coed- A female must touch the ball if sent over the net on two or more touches. Teams must be aligned in a guy-girl order of rotation prior to the serve. Each 6 player team must play with a minimum of 3 women, but are not limited to more. A 5 player team may have only 2 women, but all 5 player teams must play with “ghost rule” as stated in the above section and still must adhere to the “touch rule” stated in this section. Any one player may come up from the back row to block, but only if there is just one male in the front row during that rotation.
4.5) Rec- Upper Rec level teams can have a maximum of 2 players on the court who also participate on a competitive team. Lower Rec teams may have NONE.
5) Time- Games will start on time. If a team does not have the proper amount of players required to start, they will forfeit the first game. If they do not in the first 20 minutes get enough players, they will forfeit ALL 3 games.
It does not matter the circumstances. If a team does not have 5 players when the game is supposed to start, a forfeit will be issued.
Each match will be 3 sets to 21, win by 2. Sets will have a cap at 27 (with exception of playoffs).
Teams are given one 30 second time-out per set assuming games are proceeding on schedule.
6) Safety and Regulations- Please BE RESPONSIBLE AND DO NOT PUT OTHERS OR THE LEAGUE AT RISK. Captains of each team will be responsible for their own teams conduct. Alcoholic beverages are forbidden.
As per common sense if any participants are experiencing any of the following, please DO NOT ENTER the building:
- Fever of 100 F (37.8 C) or above, or possible fever symptoms like alternating chills and sweating
- Trouble breathing, shortness of breath or severe wheezing
- Loss of smell or taste, or a change in taste
- Chills or repeated shaking with chills
All players will be required to sign a waiver which is essentially just the roster. (Each player must sign roster)
7) Removal- Lansing City Arena, Ballistic Volleyball, or any appointed league moderators have the explicit right to remove any individuals or teams from the premises for any reason. Examples could be: disrespectful behavior, threats, fighting, unsafe behaviors, intentional or unintentional breaking of rules, etc.
8) Playoffs- The last week of each season after regular scheduled matches are complete will consist of a playoff that will be seeded according to the regular season rank based on wins/losses and then in case of a tie, point difference. The winner of the tournament will decide the season league champions. Tournament will be a single elimination, best 2 out of 3 games per match. First two games will be to 25 points win-by-two, no point cap. If a third game is needed it will be to 15 points win-by-two, no cap.